Please help me out

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 23 20:14:10 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     Step 1: Back up 100% of your Windows.
>>>
>>>     Step 2: Defrag your Windows.
>>>
>>>     Step 3: Load Ubuntu from your LiveCD of Hardy.
>>>
>>> Ask for more help if needed.
>>>
>>> Karl

>> 	Yeah, that was real helpful Karl. Plenty of detail & info...

>     Right Dave please give the real detailed version you feel I did not
> do. Can't wait to see the detailed instructions!
>
> Karl

	Well, there are many methods, but it boils down to:

	No special configuration is needed for that laptop. Should just work
out of the box.

	Is Vista using the whole drive, or just a part with it's one partition?
	Does the user want to keep Vista running? If so, defrag then backup Vista.

	Once that's finished, boot from the LiveCD. If Vista is using the whole
drive, you will need to shrink it first. Gpartd is good for this.
	Now the install can begin. Keep an eye on what the installer screens say.
	When it gets to the partitioning screen, if you want to keep Vista,
read the instructions, and used the Guided steps. If not, let it use the
whole drive & partition how it likes.
	Once it's done loading, there shouldn't be any issues.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,