lpstat -h remote.hardy.box -o fails

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:45:30 UTC 2008

Hi All

I use a lpstat -h remotehost to check the  cups queues on boxes on the
network.  It works fine except on Hardy desktops.

e.g.
==> lpstat -E -h remote.hardy.box -tl
scheduler is running
no system default destination
lpstat: get-classes failed: client-error-bad-request
lpstat: get-printers failed: client-error-bad-request
lpstat: get-printers failed: client-error-bad-request
lpstat: get-printers failed: client-error-bad-request
lpstat: get-jobs failed: client-error-bad-request

I'm guessing it has something to do with the new require https and
authorization Hardy uses?  I've gotten around the issue by logging in
via ssh and running the same command on localhost - and that works
fine.  Comments on other approaches appreciated.

Brian