Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Sep 19 15:54:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Gilles Gravier wrote:

                      .................snip..................

>> Not only this SPAM-mail from LinkedIn is annoying.
> Hence this apologetic e-mail. Which, obviously, you didn't completely
> read, or understand. Must I apologize another time, or will you ignore
> it as well?
>> Please stop sending HTML formatted mails. Search Google for "Mailing List Etiquette" and
>> configure your MUA to send plain text mails.
>>
> No. Sorry. I won't.
>
> Feel free to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Including when I
> will respond to questions you may ask. But I've configured my mailer to
> send TXT + HTML so that people with modern (i.e. written sometime in
> this century) MUAs can take advantage of my attempts at formatting for
> clarity, and those with retrograde mailers can still read the text,
> despite possible issues with formatting. With pure ASCII, it would soon
> be unreadable.

Glad you're so modern. You put the rest of us troglodytes who use text
MUAs by choice to shame.

                 .................snip...............

> The operative word here is "if possible". I've decided that (paragraph
> above) it allows me better expression of my thoughts to enable modern
> days formatting options. I do add TXT for older systems. As I said. Your
> choice to ignore my posts if it saves bandwidth for you. Or you feel
> insulted by HTML. Or whatever.

If you're unable to express yourself verbally but need a circus poster to
get your thoughts across you have my sympathy. I've known many who are
challenged that way.

*plonk*

--
Bob Holtzman
"Next to hydrogen the most abundant thing