Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Fri Sep 19 09:30:46 UTC 2008

Hi!

Sven wrote:
> On 9/18/08, Gilles Gravier <gilles at gravier.org> wrote:
>
>>  Darn... Sorry for this blast to the list... somehow a "Human" had the e-mail of the Ubuntu mailing list in my contacts and I didn't pick it up before sending the invites.
>>
>>  Apologies,
>>  Gilles.
>>

> Hi Gilles
>
> Not only this SPAM-mail from LinkedIn is annoying.
Hence this apologetic e-mail. Which, obviously, you didn't completely
read, or understand. Must I apologize another time, or will you ignore
it as well?
> Please stop sending HTML formatted mails. Search Google for "Mailing List Etiquette" and
> configure your MUA to send plain text mails.

No. Sorry. I won't.

Feel free to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Including when I
will respond to questions you may ask. But I've configured my mailer to
send TXT + HTML so that people with modern (i.e. written sometime in
this century) MUAs can take advantage of my attempts at formatting for
clarity, and those with retrograde mailers can still read the text,
despite possible issues with formatting. With pure ASCII, it would soon
be unreadable.

Of course, "mailing list etiquette" ... ahem... I felt compelled to add
"ubuntu" to my google search, as it really will apply better, don't you
think? Nevertheless, it says "Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if
possible."

The operative word here is "if possible". I've decided that (paragraph
above) it allows me better expression of my thoughts to enable modern
days formatting options. I do add TXT for older systems. As I said. Your
choice to ignore my posts if it saves bandwidth for you. Or you feel
insulted by HTML. Or whatever.
> thank you
> regards
> Sven

Welcome.
Gilles

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
ICQ : *77488526*