PHTML

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Thu Sep 18 15:49:31 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton:

> Markus Schönhaber wrote:

>> I'm talking about the server's behaviour itself, not about circumventing
>> the effects this behaviour (like using a proxy that changes the
>> Content-Type header or whatever).

> But you shouldn't need to manipulate anybody else's server - your browser
> should be capable of taking an "application/x-httpd-php" content type
> (or "useless/garbage") and handling it the same way it handles "text/html".

Again: that's not what I'm talking about.
It's undisputed that there are probably many ways to circumvent the
effects of the server's misbehaviour - using a proxy who changes the
Content-Type header to something useful is one way, saving the file to
disk and viewing it from there, as you did, is another (the latter will
probably break links end references, though).
But still, whatever you do on your machine doesn't *solve* the problem,
it can merely make it less painful.

> The thing that makes no sense to me is that
>   kfmclient openURL http://www.xplanner.org/ text/html
> still doesn't work, though:

Works for me with the KDE 4.1.1 packages coming with Intrepid.

>   wget http://www.xplanner.org/
>   kfmclient openURL file:///`pwd`/index.html text/html
> does. This proves there's nothing strictly in the file content to prevent a
> browser opening it,

Of course not. The only problem there is with this site is that the
server is lying about the type of content it serves (and by saving the
resource to disk you very effectively get rid of the wrong Content-Type
header).

Regards
   mks