Audacity 1.3.2 beta is hogging all my RAM on a simple import

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:26:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:26 AM, David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried converting stereo to mono (after all, it's a talk radio
> recording) to save time and space, but that broke, got a segmentation
> fault 13 minutes later for my trouble.

I *think* sox will do that 'on the fly' so to speak and thus doesn't
care how big the file is.  If not mencoder likely can do it too.  I'm
assuming here it's Audacity that died trying to convert it for you.

As another random thought - how about using mp3split to deal with it
in smaller chunks at a time?

Brian