report a bug to Launchpad via commandline interface?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 17 23:54:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:28:25 -0700
John Hubbard <ender8282 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I appreciate everything that the Ubuntu development community does for
> me/us. That being said, the fastest way to get the bug moved from a
> 'wishlist' to 'critical' or dropped all together, would be to use
> reportbug, A LOT. If my inbox were filling up with bug reports I would
> either fix the the report tool or make sure it got removed from the next
> release.

That would be true if a large number of Ubuntu developers were
subscribers to the users' list, but, as far as I know that is not the
case. So, it would be *our* in-boxes that would fill, not theirs.

It could be argued that this is precisely why it has not been fixed,
but that would be cynical, and not in the spirit of Ubuntu ;-)

*cough*

> The sad fact is that in our current society the squeaky wheel is the one
> that gets the grease. I am not going to squeak about this because I
> don't really care, but if you truly care, make a little noise.

The noise needs to be directed to the right ears, though.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net