PHTML

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Sep 17 20:28:31 UTC 2008

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> Darryl Tidd:
>
>> I have an issue when I visit http://www.xplanner.org.  Firefox prompts me
>> open or save the file.  I don't think this is the default behavior.
>> I have goolgled the issue and have found several things, the problem is,
>> that the solutions I have found are for viewing PHTML on one's own web
>> server.
>
> And that's where the problem has to be solved: on the server. More
> precisely: on www.xplanner.org.
>
>> For instance, I have seen solutions that call for changes to apache or
>> apache2 configurations.  I don't see how changing my apache configuration
>> on my local machine will help my problem(please do correct me if I'm
>> wrong).
>
> Nothing you do on your local machine will change the behaviour of the
> server for www.xplanner.org.

Nothing?  I find that really hard to believe, though I admit I'm having some
trouble myself...

> You've obviously done your homework, i. e. tried on your own to find a
> solution before posting to the list. I highly respect that.
> But, alas, in this particular case you've wasted your time. It's the
> admin of www.xplanner.org who should have done the research instead of
> delivering an HTML page with a content-type of
> "application/x-httpd-php".

I went through this with somebody else a while back, and he insisted his
custom type was correct - and hard to argue with him when IE was handling
it out of the box.

> If you like, you can contact the webmaster of xplanner.org and propose
> that he tries to open his site in a browser himself and ask if he is
> able to spot the error in the picture.

I'd be really surprised if it doesn't work for him...
--
derek