report a bug to Launchpad via commandline interface?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Sep 17 20:03:20 UTC 2008

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>  said:
>> Sven wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > I reported a bug with web browser to launchpad.net. Is there a
>> > simple command line client for the same job?
>> >
>> > I remember Debian have something like that.
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>> There sort-of is - don't use it!
>>
>> The program is reportbug.  It's been broken as long as there's _been_
>> an Ubuntu, and there's been a bug in Launchpad as long as there's
>> been a launchpad (and wherever the bug tracker was before that).  I
>> think the bug is 5 years old

actually, a mere FOUR.

>> , and still unfixed.
>>
>> If you use reportbug, it will simply send an email to this list,
>> annoying everybody and solving nothing.
>
> It looks like it will be removed for the Ibex release.
> (finally, eh?)

You think?  Nothing has been posted to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/reportbug/+bug/228183 since I
last was in a spat there, and it wasn't going to be removed then.

Nothing has been posted to bug 36186 - which calls fixing it a "wishlist"
item, so it's fair to say that will _never_ be dealt with - since May.

I've seen promises of fixes ever since the bug was first noted, and nobody's
ever come through, so I'll believe it when I no longer see it...
--
derek