Blocked UDP ports

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 18:51:08 UTC 2008

Dean C. Cole wrote:
> *I have Ubuntu 8.04.1 installed.  I also have Wine 1.0 and Firestarter
> installed with the firewall disabled.  Then I install a VOI program
> called Echolink under Wine.  The firewall test in the Echolink program
> complains that UDP ports 5198 and 5198 are blocked.  And "of course"
> this all works fine on this computer with XP.  Ha.  Ha.  Any
> suggestions?  Dean

What do you mean with "Ha. Ha."?

Maybe you should ask the author of the program for a Linux version
installable as a package for Ubuntu. I know it is possible because I did
make it work about a year ago for a previous version of Ubuntu. However
it wasn't easy to find all the dependencies.

Other than that - why did you install firestarter if you disable the
firewall? And are you sure it is disabled? What is the output of

sudo iptables -L

in a terminal?

Nils