Alarm program - preferably Gnome

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Wed Sep 17 12:01:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 12:44 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> How do I add the alarm clock to the task bar?  I can see Clock in my
> gnome panel but not an alarm clock.

Sorry, it's just "Clock" in the applets selection window. Right click on
the panel, select "Add to panel", select the "Clock", click "Add" then
"Close". Right click on the clock in the panel to configure it (not much
to configure). Left click on the clock in the panel to drop down a
calendar for the current month. Events for the current day are always
shown. Single click on any other day to see the events for that day.
Double-click on any day to bring up the evolution calendar interface,
where you can enter and edit appointments, meetings and all-day events.

> Yes, I've been playing with Evolution and it does seem to provide most
> (all?) of what I want.  Thank you.

The daily reminders is doable a third way too - set up a repeat alarm in
the alarms dialogue. Snooze time maxes out at twelve hours, I think, so
you'll need a recurring appointment over the days leading up to the real
appointment, or you'll need to set up a repeating alarm.

Evolution is a perfect match for what you said you wanted. Unless there
are requirements you didn't mention... :-)

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: DD23 0DF3 2260 3060 7FEC 5CA8 1AF6 D9E3 CFEE 6B28