/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon

Sambit Bikas Pal sambitbikaspal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:55:15 UTC 2008

I have three machines running Hardy. On each of them I see exactly 61
console-kit-daemons running. They do consume a considerable amount of
memory, and terminating them, doesn't really affect anything. Can someone
kindly clarify the need of these 61 console-kit-daemons ?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>wrote:

> Alain Muls wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > i see a lot of /usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon processes run by root. Is
> this
> > normal
>
> No.  You should only have one, at least most of the time ime.
>
> > and why are they there?
>
> I wish I knew.  After hibernate/resume, dbus doesn't always work quite
> right
> on my system, and then I often have trouble with console-kit
> --
> derek

Sambit Bikas Pal
MS 3rd Year
Indian Institute Of Science Education & Research Kolkata,
HC 7, Sector-III
Salt Lake,
Kolkata-700106

Web http://sambit.ath.cx