ubuntu and music

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Tue Sep 16 12:16:50 UTC 2008

cem Erçelik schreef:
> Hi!
> i am a music student. i must use "sibelius" like all music students and its
> for windows. i dont like using windows but no music notation software
> in linux. i know rosegarden, lilipond... thanx for this softwares developers
> but that softwares dont useful for us. i was try wine hq but sound quality
> is very very bad. i need a program what i shall make write multilayer note
> and using vsti s (eastwest samples) and midi for keyboard in out. i need
> open sources developers help. i need your help.
> Best regards!

> Windows Live Messenger'ın için ücretsiz güncelleştirme! Buraya tıkla!
> <http://get.live.com>

In a follow-up on my earlier mail, as yet there are no Linux programs
for music edit. There are some promising start-programs (like canorus)
but lilypond is not realistic for the average musician who writes music
(I compose and arrange). I do my work with Finale but a free, albeit
limited version called Finale notepad can be obtained from Musicmaker
(www.finalemusic.com/notepad). It is easy to run in VMWare as I do
sometimes. Maybe the current version of Wine (you can download that with
synaptic) works also but I have no experience with that.
(I must be honest, I have a separate system running Windows for Finale.)
Success
Joep