politeness

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Sep 15 18:52:58 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/9/15 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
>> Or more likely, imo, there would be no humans left _other_ than Stephen
>> Hawking.  (btw, in the interest of giving credit where due, it is Hawking
>> Radiation, or Bekenstein-Hawking radiation).
>>

> Thanks for that, I know that many times not all physicists get the
> credit that they are do. But calling it Bekenstien-Hawking radiation
> reminds me a lot of the term GNU/Linux :) By the way, having taken
> only introductory courses and not having a professional interest in
> the subject, I was unfamiliar with the tem Bekenstien-Hawkins

You missed the point - "HawkinG", not "HawkinS".  He's only the most
brilliant man on the planet :-)

(I agree adding Bekenstein's name is not really necessary - he came up with
a theory that is basic to Hawking radiation, but he didn't theorize Hawking
radiation.  I think the best computer-related analogy was saying Al Gore
invented the Internet).
--
derek