Ubuntu Studio question

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:09:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Michael Falkenburg
<mandcfalk at verizon.net> wrote:
> What I'm experiencing (on a different box) is that with in a matter of
> minutes the initially strong(70-100%)wireless connection is dropped.
> Sometimes it'll happen while email is downloading, sometimes it's while
> file updates are taking place.

>  what  help can you
> offer otherwise?

Well, an intermittant problem can be a real pain, and I'm not a
wireless guru - I like my cat5 cable too much :-)

If you can observe a pattern, perhaps that would jog somebody's memory
of a similar issue.
Here's some other random troubleshooting ideas.
1-  Does it happen only when heavily using the internet connection?
2- When it does happen, take a look at your system logs and see if it
says anything.
     (alt-f2,  type gksu gnome-system-monitor, input your password,
review the messages, syslog and kern.log)
3- What's your wireless setup?  hardware?  WEP/WPA/WPA2/no encryption?

Brian