Help! Can't get back into WinXP-- Error 13: Invalid...

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at aapt.net.au
Sun Sep 14 11:46:24 UTC 2008

G'day there Anyone Reading This,

> A Google search brought:
> <http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-kernel-70/booting-vista-via-grub-invalid-or-unsupported-executable-format-516870/>
>
> To sum up, if you insert = between title and Windows XP, and add
> makeactive, changing to:
>
> title=Windows XP
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
> makeactive
> chainloader +1
>
> It might help?
> Charly

    That certainly looks simpler than my line of thought, although I
dunno whether it will work. I just checked (forgot I had XP on my
desktop machine) and don't have an "=" in menu.lst. Still, it can't hurt
and just might work.

    The link seems to refer to Vista which is probably a different
kettle of fish. I know bugger all about the differences betwixt the pair
so I don't know why they'd suggest an "=" for Vista and not for XP.
However if it works then who am I to question the facts?

See ya
Ken