Please help solving the problem in installing ubuntu.

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 09:03:29 UTC 2008

Hi Fredrick

On Saturday 13 September 2008 09:00:15 Fredrick Paul wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> As I was trying to install ubuntu 8.4.0, it displayed a cd drive error and
> the installation process stopped. So, I restarted the system. Now neither
> windows xp nor ubuntu starts. When I switch on the system, it displays
> error in starting os. I use a desktop with celeron processor. Please
> advise.
>
> Thank you.
>
> V. Fredrick Paul

I'm guessing either your cd is a bad burn or your drive had trouble reading it
during a critical part of the install. I find lower speed burns work best and
always choose the lowest speed I am allowed to. You might be lucky enough to
be able to boot your windows cd into it's recovery console and type "fixmbr"
or "fixboot" minus the quotes to get windows booting at least and from there
can try to install again. I would suggest a new burn and even then run the
media check on the cd first before doing the install

James