First time Install problems

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:27:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Vasant Shenoy <vasant at graffiti.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've been trying to install Ubuntu on my desktop (Pentium Dual Core,1.8GHz, 512MB RAM) but the install wont go beyond "Uncompressing kernel...". I guess i'm using a 32 bit version on a 64 bit system. How do i find if the version is right for my PC. i have a 6.06 LTS version CD with me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Vasant
>
> --
> Powered By Outblaze

First 32 bit will work on a 64 bit system. Second 6.06 is a very old
system. Get the newest one 8.04.
You can use 32 bit or 64 bit as you like. I use 64 bit Kubuntu and
love it. You will have a couple of problems with players for the
internet but you can get by them all.
This is the best site to find any form of Linux. Look at the top 100
list. Ubuntu is on top. If you click it, it will bring you to a page
with places to find Ubuntu.
http://distrowatch.com/

--
Douglas E Knapp