Default editor

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 18:16:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Nigel Henry
<cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2008 19:18, Knapp wrote:
>> > Any help on the problem above gratefully received.
>> >
>> > Nigel.
>>
>> You mean like
>> sudo vim /etc/X11 (then press tab)
>> I would think you knew that so maybe I am misunderstanding.
>>
>> --
>> Douglas E Knapp
>
> No, I didn't know the tab thing, but have just tried it with nano as root
> on /etc/X11, and got a bunch of files and sub-directories displayed, so can
> see where I'm going now.
>
> Thanks for the "tab" tip, which has resolved a long running problem.
>
> Nigel.

Well, I hate to say it but it is time to read the manual, as that is
what I would have to do. It is part of bash. So something like man
bash should get you started. I know you can do ctrl-R to search what
you last typed starting at the present and going backwards. Guess I
will have a look also. It is a fun question. Maybe some Linux god an
the list can help more.

--
Douglas E Knapp