dLink issues/ Wireless Passphrase

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:06:40 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am currently having trouble connecting to a new wireless network. I am
using proprietary drivers (Atheros HAL) which have worked successfully for
me on other networks. This difference here is that I am asked for the
Wireless Network key.. When I enter the password, Ubuntu tries to connect
for quite sometime then I am prompted to to reenter the same password again.
I am using a WBR 1310 wireless router and Ubuntu 8.04. The wireless security
is set to WEP 128-bit passphrase with open authentication. Do I need to
configure something manually? I can "see" the network and am picking it up
with a strong signal. Thanks in advance.

Sam