politeness

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:47:21 UTC 2008

2008/9/12 Gilles Gravier <gilles at gravier.org>:
> (does an expanding black hole get stuck INSIDE its own event horizon?)

I think that rather defines them. From what little I understand, as
the black hole absorbs mass the event horizon moves further from the
center of the black hole. The event horizon is defined as the distance
from the center in which escape velocity equals the speed of light:
V=sqrt(2Gm/r)
Therefore:
r=2Gm/c^2

As m gets larger, r get larger and therefore the black hole expands.
It is always entraped in r<eventHorizon

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com