Hardy Herron probs?

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 12 09:30:31 UTC 2008

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --
> Congratulation on your success; persistence usually
> pays off. I had hoped though that you would have tried
> xfix after running nvidia-config(actually it's
> nvidia-xconfig as I just tried it; sorry for the bad
> command) to let us know if it worked but since you
> activated the driver from the menu it wouldn't mean
> anthing now.  But you may want to keep those methods
> in mind for the next time.  Glad you fixed your
> problem; X issues seem to be prevalent in Hardy.
>

> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

Many thanks Leonard,
I was previously in the position of having screen res of 1289x1024,  now
best I can get is 1024x768, (can live with this) so will have to wait
and see if problem is resolved.
I did run xfig after managing to get to 1024x768, so will have to wait
and see.
Now I am doing some experimenting to try and get my dvd drives behaving.
Take Care
Winton