[j/k] Re: phantom files

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 12 01:18:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:51:18 -0300
Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> >> You are NOT serious.  Are you kidding me?
> >
> > afaik he *is* kidding you.  note the :-) after his joke.  perhaps the
> > word "borrowed" should have been in quotes?
>
> That's what I thought he meant, too.  I can't believe I'm sticking up for
> Karl...

Everyone is seriously underestimating Karl ;)

He has actually written a fiendishly clever program that
reliably produces posts that are almost, but not quite, utterly unlike
reality.

The really clever thing about this program is that, every now and then,
the posts it produces are a close enough approximation to reality that
people find themselves thinking perhaps one day one of them will
actually be completely accurate and informative.

Karl is actually a genius, but so much so that people have missed it...

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net