SSH connection problem

Dustin Breese dustin.breese at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:26:13 UTC 2008

Just to make sure I follow --

a) DESKTOP to LAPTOP is ok
b) LAPTOP to DESKTOP is NOT OK

Some simple things to check and try to troubleshoot these types of
issues and narrow down the issue:

1) Are you sure that SSHD is running on you Desktop?
2) Do you see a listener on port 22 on your Desktop?  ($ netstat -an |
grep 22 | grep LISTEN)
3) Are you running a firewall on your desktop?
4) What does "ssh -vv" output give?
5) Can you connect from DESKTOP to DESKTOP?

Regards,
Dustin