Curious phenomena

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:30:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Pat <pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>     When I look in System Monitor it reports I have something like 43.2 GB
>>>     of disk space which is so far off I'm staggered. In actual fact I
>>>     might
>>>     have 4 GB on my laptop. Why would it show such a discrepancy?
>> df -H
>> Filesystem             Size   Used  Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/sda7               53G   3.8G    47G   8% /
>> /dev/sdb1              4.0G   3.7G   333M  92% /media/KINGSTON
>
> Looks to me like you have  a 53 gig partition, 47gig available for
> use. You also have a 4 gig thumbdrive, I would guess...
>
> What makes you think you only have 4 gig of disk on your laptop?
>
> --
> Steve

I was thinking the same thing. I have a lap top that came with a USB
stick wifi. I could not get it to work right but then found that my
computer was getting the router WITHOUT the USB stick plugged in!
Turns out that a few of my laptops came with factory installed wiki
that the former window user did not know about. Are you sure you have
the hardware you think you have?

--
Douglas E Knapp