Vbox 2.0.0 upgrade on Ubuntu Hardy AMD64 blowing up

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 04:25:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
<sdavmor at systemstheory.net> wrote:

> The upgrade was straightforward. Add the virtualbox link and the
> checksum to the repos and have at it. Or download and install. Either
> way it cleanly overwrote my older 1.6.4 Vbox.

Pretty straightforward, although installing 'virtualbox' from the
added repository installed 1.66 and not 2.0 - I had to tell it
explicitly to install virtualbox-2.0. Also noted that it removed
virtualbox-ose, but did not remove the virtualbox-ose modules for my
kernel, I had to do that myself, and then (re)install 2.0. And, the
name of the binary has changed now to VirtualBox or something.
'virtualbox' by itself wants to install virtualbox-ose (i.e., the
prior version). I suppose that means now that I'm running the full
non-open binary, but I guess that's OK.

Transitioning in progress, I will have to try 64 bit guests soon!