help needed for Ubuntu 8.04 on HP 6720s notebook

Abhishek Bawkar abhishek.linux4me at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:53:46 UTC 2008

Hi Brian/Derek,

> samspade.org says the 100.100 range is reserved by iana

I think, I got what confusion you guys may have. We are definitely missing
something here.

Let me explain how my internet connection is. My ISP has his own line, which
is redistributed in our colony. So, let's say, my ISP becomes secondary
master (secondary server), to which me and other users connect and this
secondary master inturn connects to primary master (the main server). We all
users have been assigned individual IP addresses by the secondary master
(secondary server), and these IP addresses have nothing to do with the
global IP address range, 100.100.*.*, reserved by iana. *One thing to be
noted here is, the secondary master (secondary server) is not a proxy
server, I mean, we do not do any proxy settings on Windows. *We have been
given User IDs and passwords using which we connect to secondary server and
inturn the primary server.

So, my IP address, gateway, subnet mask are local (not global) in our
colony.

> I don't have the original post available, but if Abishek has a dual boot
> system, it would be nice to see the Windows output of the "route print"
> command.
Derek, I'll post the windows output of the *"route print"* command in the
evening. Right now I am out of station, till then you can post your comments
based on the above explaination.

I guess, you guys have got my point by now. If not, the output of "route
print" will clear your doubt, probably.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Abhishek