DCD playing problem

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Sep 8 14:15:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:13:44AM +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> stan wrote:
> > You could be correct. I am in North America, would that be region 1?
> > I was just hesitant to chnage anything given that I have a very small
> > number of chances to get it right.
>
> Look here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_codes>.

Thanks.

Turns out that I am in region 1. But, as you can see from other messages in
this thread. This did not turn out to be the base problem.

The base problem as that there was on /dev/dvd created when the system was
installed. I have to say getting an error message saying I had issues with
decss, when the error message should have been a simple "device not found"
is not the most user friendly way I can think of dealing with this :-)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to a solution for this problem. I am a
much happier person now :-)
programs.