Same ole permissions problem

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 8 13:57:30 UTC 2008

Douglas Pollard wrote:
> Chris Mohler wrote:

>>> I installed  nautilus with synaptic but where is it?  I tried, click on
>>> Nautilus after installation went to permissions found a list of the
>>> paths but nothing there seems to take me to it. I have run into this
>>> before  and have not been able to figure it out.
>>>                         Thanks doug
>>>

>> Doug,
>>
>> I advised you to install "nautilus-open-terminal" - a small package
>> that adds "Open in Terminal" to the right-click in Nautilus (the file
>> manager).  You might have to log out and log back in for it to appear
>> in the right-click menu.  I also assumed you are using Gnome - if
>> you're using KDE I'm not sure if there is an equivalent package.
>>
>> Sorry for the confusion - I forgot about having to log out.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Chris
>     I installed nautilus with synaptic  and have no right click open in
> terminal. I even rebooted a couple of times.  Do I need to start
> nautilus open terminal in terminal?? I am using Gnome.
>                                                                       Doug

    Here is what i found was my problem using nautilus open terminal.. I
was trying to click on individual files  (misunderstood).  Open with
terminal apears when selecting folders but does not on individual video
files.  I click on an open space in nautilus and open in terminal
appeared, put in code and all is well.
    A huge part of my problem is feeling pushed to get on with the video
so I am skimming the reading.   At my age that does not work I really
need to take the time to read slowly and each thing several times.  Any
way thanks a lot all.
                                                             Doug