Problems with googleearth package

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Sep 6 19:40:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 01:06:39PM -0600, Vinson Carrethers wrote:

> David Curtis wrote:
> > stan wrote:

> >> synaptic shows both google earth, and the google earth package builder
> >> installed.
> >>
> >> Am I missing somehting here? Is there some way to install google earth that
> >> does not involve the package builder package?
> >>

> > Sounds like you don't have the medibuntu repo in your sources.
> >
> > Just follow the instructions:
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Dave
> >
> Stan,  I need to know more about your equipment, and the other requests for
> information I made.  I just went to my T-30 Thinkpad and installed 4.2, and then
> 4.3 through synaptic and then Googles program through their installer.  All of
> them cause the Thinkpad to logout right after the GoogleEarth start screen.  So
> in my area, different machines give different results.  I am troubleshooting my
> thinkpad while I wait for your information.  No info from you leaves no answers.

I got it working following the directions on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu as sugested above. The only
trick wwas that there were 2 versions of googleearth offered in that
reposiistory, and the default googlearth installed the 4.2 version which
did not work well for me, but install the 4.3 version seems to have gotten
it workingquite well. This is on a 8.04 system with the latest fixes.

HTH

programs.