acpi -V gives me gibberish.

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 02:31:08 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>  said:
> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
> > NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>  said:

> >> Stop using Karl's machine :-)
> >
> > Ain't it the truth?  ;-]
> >>
> >> See what the result is from:
> >>
> >> cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0
> >> [THMzero]
> >>
> >> Could be that the acpi command is not interpreting the value
> >> properly.
> >>
> > cybe at WizardsTower:~$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0
> > cat: /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0: No such file or directory
>
> it could be anything under .../thermal_zone - mine's THR1.  The names
> are specified in the machines DSDT (in the BIOS)

Some scouting around shows a file named temperature
in /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM.  No THM or THR directories are thereat
all.
Issuing <cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature> returns:
temperature:             -269 C

Something's still fishy here, absolute zero is −273.15 °C.  I'm almost
positive that my box is more than 4 C. degrees warmer than that but
still not in the 4 billion degree range.

For what it's worth, when I enable thermal_zone/THRM in GKrellM's
built-in sensors it tells me:  THRM  -452F  which is only 7+ F. degrees
above absolute zero.
Hey, maybe I don't have that sensor?  Nah, this was working correctly
in Gutsy.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop