SU password

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 5 16:59:25 UTC 2008

--- "W. D. Allen" <ballensr at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I'm new to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition. I can
> use my root password
> in Ubuntu desktop system administration, etc.,
> however when I go to
> terminal and enter su my password fails.

Ubuntu frowns on using su and it set to use sudo.
However, su can be set up on Ubentu if you wish.
Suggest you read man su for details as I don't recall
and it takes more than one step, AIR.

> Been trying to use 'recovery mode' to fix problem
> but can not locate it
> on CD.

If your using grub, it's the second entry for each
kernel saying "recovery". You don't need the CD as
it's on every grub install.  HTH.

> Any guidance would be gratefully accepted.
>
> W. D. Allen
> ballensr at roadrunner.com
>
> end

Leonard Chatagnier