8.04 still locks up

art artmartz at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 15:07:58 UTC 2008

James Takac wrote:
> Runs fine on 5 of mine as well. progs occasionally become unresponsive for a
> bit and windows grey out but comes good a while later again. Just a bit of a
> nuisance my end and likely a cpu load issue?
> James

I've seen this also. It seems to happen a lot when I suspend my laptop
(using the power manager applet suspend), and then after I resume and am
typing in Open Office Writer, for example, I'll get some major delays
with the gray out.  If I just keep on typing, it'll catch up eventually,
but it is quite annoying.  I don't think it happens, or at least not as
much, if not following a suspend and resume.
Art