reinstalling HP LaserJet 4050

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:50:31 UTC 2008

Wade Smart wrote:
> Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> Wade Smart schrieb:
>>
>>> 20080904 1000 GMT-6
>>>
>>> Nothing at all comes up after turning on the printer.
>>>
>>> Wade
>>>
>> Well, as I understand, lsusb does not show the printer, either.
>>
>> So I would think that either you are facing a much more basic usb
>> problem or your printer or it's usb port might be defective or the
>> cable slightly loose at either end.
>>
>> Do you happen to have an ethernet interface on the 4050?
>>
>> Is there another computer that can successfully print to the printer
>> via usb?
>>
>> Another thought:
>> You might check whether you are member of the relevant groups. I would
>> look for usb, print, lpr and the like.
>>
>> slightly puzzled
>> Eberhard
>
> 20080904 1034 GMT-6
>
> This printer has a parallel port and Im using a parallel over usb to my
> computer to get it to work.
>
> I tried another parallel to usb cable but same results.
>
> I tried a different port - actually I tried all five others.
>
> Under Groups:
> there is no usb, print or lpr.
>
> In fact, looking under root, it doesnt have those either.
>
> wade

20080904 1048 GMT-6

You know when you hit print and up in the top right hand corner a little
printer icon usually comes up and shows its printing, that doesn't
happen for me now. I borrowed a Epsom Stylus C62 and used it to print.
It worked one time and now wont print again.

I'm wondering about the print systems all together.

Wade