windows partition

Doug Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 4 15:35:01 UTC 2008

William Witt wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 21:56:51 Doug Pollard wrote:
>
> > Disk /dev/sdg: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
>
> > 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinderssdg1
>
> > Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
>
> > Disk identifier: 0x0000dddc
>

> > Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
>
> > /dev/sdg1   *           1       19457   156288321    7  HPFS/NTFS
>
> Do you have an 160 GB external hard drive plugged in? From the output
> it looks like you have three drives attached to the system.
>
> Will

You are right. I have a usb drive pluged in and forgot about it.   I
should have  known when I saw the drive name sdg1.   When I set up my
first hard driv origonally  to take out windows I wound up with Xp and
ubuntu on the drive and had to go back and repartition and reinstall
ubuntu.  Guess I had that on my mind?
                                                     Thanks,  Doug