front mic problem

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:49:21 UTC 2008

I have been trying to run my front mic at my laptop. Unfortunatelly i
couldn't managed it run although i installed the alsa-driver 1.0.17.
When i plug the headphone and use its mic, i am able to record. I
changed the alsa.base module file according to the Alsa Project sites
explanation and added "options snd-hda-intel model=basic" I opened fron,
front mic and capture options also at the volume manager and muted the
other mics and choose internat mic at the source part. Still no way.

Se below is the berief into:

At the volume-manager i have Front, Front Mic, Front Mic Boost is
unmuted. At the Recording pane i have Capture unmouted. I have
headphones is checked at the Switches pane. And at the Options part i
have Internal Mic is choosed.
My Codec is Realtek ALC269, i have added the related module option to
the alsa-base file which mentione above. But it seems something is
missing. Anybody have an idea?

Oğuz Yarımtepe
http://www.loopbacking.info