PC doesn't shut down when UPS power low?

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Thu Sep 4 08:17:35 UTC 2008

Hi!

UPS is APC 650 through USB cable.

The thing is that since the power monitor properly SEES the UPS and has
options in the power preferences to set behavior "On UPS Power" and that
these options include "When UPS power is low" and "When UPS power is
critically low"... and that I've set these both to "Shutdown"... I
wonder why I would need additional software.

The Poiwer Manager properly detects my UPS, properly displays the power
level, properly displays warning popups when mains is cut...

So all seems to work.

But when power level reaches critical, instead of shutting down the
machine, the "power manager" applet crashes and dies... and system stays
running.

Bug?

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
ICQ : *77488526*