rolling Firefox back to 2.x

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 01:00:41 UTC 2008

On 09/03/2008 02:49 PM, Nik N wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Steve Lamb <grey at dmiyu.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:07:39PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> Well, the "unless you have something meaningful to contribute" is an insult
>>> on any list, and I'm sure Steve knows it.  otoh, I understand his
>>> annoyance.  If I used FF more, I'm sure I'd be more annoyed...
>>
>>    No, it's not.  It's called a standard that some people tend to ignore,
>> If one is spreading bad information, like NoOp did and was told he was doing 2
>> messages before that phrase was uttered, generally one isn't contributing
>> anything meaningful.  How /else/ am I supposed to put it...
>
> This is simple: no poster should never, EVER, direct any comments to the
> correspondent directly. If we all considered such posts that use "ad hominem"
> arguments ("..you think you know more than you do...")  as "unclean" and
> simply ignored them, we would achieve much more in a whole lot less time.
>
> Nik N,.

OK, enough already. I offered what I thought to be a helpful suggestion
to Mr. Lamb's:

>     Are you sure?  I still see the not-so-AwesomeBar still behaving in a
> horrible, overloaded manner with no method of beating it back with a "just
> work like in 2.x" stick.

I take exception to "If one is spreading bad information, like NoOp
did...". Bad information? How was the information "bad"?  Mr. Lamb
offered no alternate suggestions, and offered nothing *meaningful* that
I can tell, but instead started his first reply to me with the all
insulting "Bzt, thanks for playing but, sorry, that is incorrect!".
Apparently my suggestion wasn't what he was looking for so I suggested:

> Then I'd recommend:
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+Support+Home+Page
> and

And I still maintain that those are the proper areas/forums for
discussing/debating Fx3's Awesomebar and Fx. If my initial suggestion
wasn't what was wanted, then 'others' can try
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227 or
If he'd rather not "have to work around them" (the issues), then he
knows how to find his way over to bugzilla and the firefox developer
groups/lists and use those, or how to use launchpad to file an issue
there - but then that would just get upstreamed to bugszilla anyway.

IMO to whine about how Fx3 here is simply a waste of the list's time,
and I think that Mr. Lamb and others on this thread know that. Nothing
that gets said here will have any effect on Fx whatsoever.

For anyone interested there are other options that can be used - Google
& the mozilla lists/groups are full of them. But I'll refrain from
posting any further regarding this lest I get tagged for providing more
"bad information" by Mr. Lamb.

Thread's all yours folks; if Mr. Lamb or anyone else want any further
response from me regarding this thread my email address works just fine
& I'll be happy to discuss/debate the issues off list.