rolling Firefox back to 2.x

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:11:27 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net>:
>> Mork was _plain_text_!
>
> But not human readable.

Open it up in a text editor and tell me how unreadable it is. For that
matter, how human readable is the sqlite database that you are
advocating as worse?

>> You really have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> There's no reason to get personal here.

I'm not attacking you personally. I am reminding you that you do not
know enough about the technology to make an informed decision. Look
further up in the thread, you will see that as soon as the level went
over my own head I declared that I am of no further use as well. Don't
be sensitive, be reasonable. Nik's security is at stake, take that
seriously.

>> I understand your concern, really, I do.
>
> I guess you confused me with Nik here.

I understand Nik's concern, and I realize that you are trying to help.
But this is not your field. Your efforts are appreciated, but you are
declaring incorrect statements. I fully expect that you and I will
help one another in future threads, and I will of course value your
opinion and your advice in areas of your expertise. But for the sake
of Nik's security, please do not cloud this issue with misinformation.

>> Let's identify the
>> problem and devise a solution. Do you want you browsing habits to be
>> untraceable by forensic analysis of your hard drive? Write a shell
>> script that shreds (not just deletes) your relevant files.
>
> A problem may be that you don't want to delete *everything* but just
> want to hide some activities and maybe the fact that you deleted some
> information. That's why I find it useful to be able to modify the
> files from outside the browser.

Excellent. I suggest that you start a new thread and don't hijack
Nik's. I will help you on that thread. To be on the safe side, email
me off list with the subject, because I don't read every message on
the 40+ lists that I subscribe to.

>> Don't forget that network analysis will still reveal your browsing habits.
>
> That's another problem. It doesn't matter if you e.g. just want to remove
> private information on a computer you are sharing with other people.

That is why I asked Nik from who is he protecting his information.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il