rolling Firefox back to 2.x

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 11:38:36 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:
> 2008/9/3 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:
> > 2008/9/3 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
> >> Does a virtual machine write data out to the HD?
> >
> > The VM is all stored in one file. In order to allow the OS running in
> > the VM to write to the local HD outside the VM, the VM must be
> > configured to share a directory.
>
> But then there would be that one file that holds the buffers that
> could have data that should never see the light of day?

Right, unless you run the Live CD in a virtual machine which has no HD
configured. The virtual machine has the advantage that you can avoid
rebooting. If you are paranoid you don't have a swap partition anyway, so
I don't think anything from that Live CD session would be stored anywhere
on your HD. You need a lot of main memory, though.

Nils