vbox stuck at 800x600 after upgrade to Intrepid

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:25:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid without any real problems (kudos to
> the devs!!!), but now my virtualbox XP guest is stuck at 800x600, and
> when I change to full-screen, the XP guest is only using 75% of the
> screen.   Anyone run across this yet, or have suggestions (other than
> ditch XP)?  Maybe I'm just tired, but my google-fu is worthless...

For the record:

Uninstall Guest Additions from XP guest.

With XP guest running, go to the 'Device' menu and select 'install
guest additions'.

Download fails, so click URL and download manually.

Copy the ISO image to /usr/share/virtualbox and rename it to
VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

With XP guest running, go to the 'Device' menu and select 'install
guest additions'.

Reboot guest.

Increase resolution in the XP guest control panel.

Switch between seamless and full screen a couple of times.

Voila.

Chris