How to stop a cron job sending email

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Fri Oct 31 13:23:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:29:07PM +1100, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> Hopefully it gives you peace from the recurrent emails long enough to
> also consider Karl's very pertinent question. It's difficult to imagine
> that there isn't a cleaner way to solve the underlying problem which the
> crontab appears to be whumping with a steam-hammer.

There is not realy an underlying problem. The only problem is the
messages every 5 minutes that there was no email or 5 emails have been
dowloaded or something like that.

As I said, the same configuration worked on Debian without a problem -
for several years.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his
      benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who
      healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from
      destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and
      tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good
      things; so that thy youth is renewed like the
      eagle's."             Psalms 103:2-5