how to change terminal font size in Xubuntu?

Bo Grimes boslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:12:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 02:47:15AM -0400, David Curtis wrote:
> loody wrote:
> > Dear all:
> > Does anyone change the font size in terminal on Xubuntu?
> > I search the preference option but I cannot see the size option.
> > appreciate your help,
> > miloody
> >

> Quite simply open a terminal, select edit->preferences->click on
> apperance->click on the button that indicates font/size and a dialog
> will pop-up. You can change the font and size here. I suggest staying
> with Monospace or any font that is 'mono' as variable width font
> characters can override each other in a terminal.  A lot of people like
> inconsolata (apt-get install ttf-inconsolata) personally I don't see the
> difference.

In addition, if you (the OP) are using Gnomes terminal it's Edit->Current
Profile and then untick the use the system font option and that will make it
possible to click the font button and change your font.  Don't forget to
save.

And, if you're actually using xterm hold control then right click the
terminal window and you can cange it that way.