Integrity changes from other Linux

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:20:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Have you tried adding 'nvidia' to /etc/modules?

No, but I just did, as it wasn't there. I'll see if it improves
things. As I under

> Chris

As I understand it, nvidia may have never been there as a module, but
this has worked before - at least up until I had a bizarre systems
problem in July and had to reinstall some packages (and verify good
debsums) after having a bunch of problems. I have used nvidia for
sometime, prior on debian lenny. My problems are still there somewhat
- my main system box won't even turn on and am using a friends loaner
box for the interim.

Fortunately his hardware (motherboard /  cpu) is similar to mine (ECS
Geforce integrated nvidia / amd 64).

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if it helps on the next reboot. (having
to sudo insmod the module is inconvenient, but it only has to be done
once, or once each boot).

I'm also thinking of upgrading to Intrepid but as of right now I don't
have enough disk space on my boot disk to do it. I only carved out 10
gig for ubuntu when I put the system on originally in May. But then my
Lenny install consumed maybe 5+ gigs of disk space for / and another
few gigs for /var, and I had a comfortable amount of space there.

But I will try upgrading later on, I'll probably have to start a new
post as it's not relevant to this thread.