Integrity changes from other Linux

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:06:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>    I am getting a handle on why NVIDIA has trouble with Ubuntu
> Integrity. I tried to compile a NVIDIA module on it and it failed. This
> is what happened:

s/integrity/intrepid

One other comment - there were some recent updates in hardy that broke
my nvidia, since I had packages for nvidia installed from the
repositories, and those overwrote the ones that the binary blob
provided.

Installing the new driver binary blob (which compiles a local kernel
module tailored for your running kernel, hence the need to install
kernel headers & build-essential packages. Ubuntu isn't supposed to
install that stuff by default, as most people don't build their own
packages, and for some, installing the drivers through the
repositories and through the gnome or kde package management systems
will do the job.