init problem with Intrepid

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 30 23:41:52 UTC 2008

On 10/30/2008 04:26 PM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> Let me guess, you used "kill -BFG"?
>>
>> Cat walked on the keyboard. Virtual monitor on the other side exploded.
>> I think it executed a regex command somehow.
>
> I just got a cat last week.  He's caused untold CLI carnage already.  What
> IS the attraction to walking on the keyboard?

Easy cure... buy some double-sticky tape & put it on the keys of a spare
keyboard. Put that keyboard in place of the old one (system
off/disconnected of course) - have a video camera ready... Cat will walk
on the keyboard, go nuts, & most likely not walk on another keyboard
again. Better alternative: get a dog :-)