Integrity changes from other Linux

Thomas Kaiser ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li
Thu Oct 30 20:11:45 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I am getting a handle on why NVIDIA has trouble with Ubuntu
> Integrity. I tried to compile a NVIDIA module on it and it failed. This
> is what happened:
>
> NVIDIA: calling KBUILD...
> make CC=cc  KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /lib/modules/2.6.24-21-generic/build
> SUBDIRS= modules
> rm -f include/config/kernel.release
> echo 2.6.24.3 > include/config/kernel.release
> set -e; echo '  CHK     include/linux/version.h'; mkdir -p
> include/linux/;     (echo \#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132632; echo
> '#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))';) <
> /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-21-generic/Makefile >
> include/linux/version.h.tmp; if [ -r include/linux/version.h ] && cmp -s
> include/linux/version.h include/linux/version.h.tmp; then rm -f
> include/linux/version.h.tmp; else echo '  UPD
> include/linux/version.h'; mv -f include/linux/version.h.tmp
> include/linux/version.h; fi
>   CHK     include/linux/version.h
> set -e; echo '  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h'; mkdir -p
> include/linux/;     if [ `echo -n "2.6.24.3" | wc -c ` -gt 64 ]; then
> echo '"2.6.24.3" exceeds 64 characters' >&2; exit 1; fi; (echo \#define
> UTS_RELEASE \"2.6.24.3\";) < include/config/kernel.release >
> include/linux/utsrelease.h.tmp; if [ -r include/linux/utsrelease.h ] &&
> cmp -s include/linux/utsrelease.h include/linux/utsrelease.h.tmp; then
> rm -f include/linux/utsrelease.h.tmp; else echo '  UPD
> include/linux/utsrelease.h'; mv -f include/linux/utsrelease.h.tmp
> include/linux/utsrelease.h; fi
>   CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
>   UPD     include/linux/utsrelease.h
> set -e; asmlink=`readlink include/asm | cut -d '-' -f 2`;   \
>     if [ -L include/asm ]; then                                     \
>         if [ "$asmlink" != "x86" ]; then                \
>             echo "ERROR: the symlink include/asm points to asm-$asmlink
> but asm-x86 was expected"; \
>             echo "       set ARCH or save .config and run 'make
> mrproper' to fix it";             \
>             exit 1;                                         \
>         fi;                                                     \
>     else                                                            \
>         echo '  SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-x86';          \
>         if [ ! -d include ]; then                               \
>             mkdir -p include;                               \
>         fi;                                                     \
>         ln -fsn asm-x86 include/asm;                              \
>     fi
> mkdir -p .tmp_versions ; rm -f .tmp_versions/*
> make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/basic
>   gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/basic/.fixdep.d -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
> -fomit-frame-pointer     -o scripts/basic/fixdep scripts/basic/fixdep.c
>   gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/basic/.docproc.d -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
> -fomit-frame-pointer     -o scripts/basic/docproc scripts/basic/docproc.c
> make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=.
> [...]

So, you installed "build-essential" and start a new thread. Why?
You are too "good" to say that you didn't install what you need to
compile in the original thread? Shame on you!

Just copy and paste some thing which appear on your screen without
telling anybody what you did and how you got this on the screen does not
help. Maybe you just typed it and it is nothing which was an output of
any compiler!?

Anyway, I know, that you know how to ask for help, because of your
really long time computer experience.

Just a little reminder: I just blame me that I do something wrong before
I blame others!

But I have a solution for your problem, in a terminal:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda7

Good Luck

Thomas