Hardy, digital camara, f-spot and desktop icon

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:14:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am helping somebody use a digital camera with their Hardy machine.
When the camera, Canon A570, is connected with the Hardy machine's USB
port, f-spot fires up. But no icon showing the camera as a mounted disk
shows up on the desktop and neither in Places.

However, some other cameras appear to show those mounted device icons.

What gives? How come a camera connection can trigger f-spot but the
mounted camera device is not shown? Explanation on how this works or the
mechanics of how this is supposed to work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ever having been read.