Photo management

Ulf Rompe Ulf.Rompe at icem.com
Thu Oct 30 13:26:58 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 30.10.2008, 09:19 +0100 schrieb Mario Vukelic:
> > In the import dialog there is an option labeled "Copy files to the
> > Photos folder". Uncheck it, and your files will stay at their
> original
> > place.
>
> Urgh, I must have missed that. Thanks. It's a pity that it seems to be a
> per-import setting, though. It's just a matter of time before I forget
> to do that, so I guess I'll just live with the copying

That may be a good idea anyway. I used to cultivate my own directory
structure to keep my photos organized, but once I realized how
unflexible that one-dimensional tree is compared to the tagging you do
in F-Spot.

On the other hand I understand that people want to keep things in
control so that they can dump a software in favor of another at any
time. At least I do. That's why I try bundle my thoughts on that topic
at http://exiflow.org/ . :-)

[x] ulf
--
"I heard if you play the Windows-XP-CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows XP!"