Intrepid Blues

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Oct 29 22:15:32 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
>> Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>  said:
>>

>>>     Does anyone know if the Intrepid servers have any nVidia
>>> software? Where do you look? I seem to have a nVidia control panel
>>> but it doesn't seem to do anything. What do you need to do with that?
>>>

>> I'd like to help, Karl, but Intrepid set up my nVidia GeForce 7600 GS
>> without any effort on my part.  Someone suggested envyng.  It did help
>> me on my 8.04 installation.  Maybe it could help you, too.
>>
>> Oh, check under <System><Administration><Hardware Drivers> first.
    On my rc version of Intrepid with 130 Updates this exists but is
broken like this:

1. You go to Hardware Drivers and there is nothing to help you with
which one to use. There are 4 driver packages offered and I tried the
one recommended for some reason I think 177...

2. Sign in as root and the big square panel gets a small panel in the
middle that has 0% shown to begin. And it stays at 0% while the download
is happening. I can see the Internet is busy and the hard drive is
getting written to. But the panel stays at 0%.

3. Then the panel disappears and the big panel wants you to start the
nVidia driver. I clicked but no luck. It is broken.

4. So the Intrepid rc with 130 Updates is still not able to support a
nVidia computer.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI